Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere and comply with Organization Regulations and Administrative Policies.
- Adhere and comply with policies and procedure related to patient care, infection control, patient safety and accreditation standard.
- Ensure patient care documentation are completed as per policies and standards.
- Demonstrate clinical competence in all aspects of patient care.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary planning and provisioning of patient care.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for medication management especially for high alert medicines, LASA and Narcotics.
- Ensure the involvement of the patient, family and significant others in patient care.
- Ensure proper allocation and deployment of nursing staff as per the requirement to maintain patient safety and quality of care.
- Assist nursing leaders in resource management and budgeting by providing area specific inputs.
- Communicate all necessary information to the team in timely and constructive manner
- Conduct regular meetings for allocated area to discuss and follow up on work results to ensure safe and effective care delivery.
- Conduct daily nursing round to ensure proper patient care delivery process from the staff posted in the area.
- Always maintain privacy and confidentiality of patient information and records.
- Follow international patient safety goals.
- Report all near miss, sentinel events and any other incidents.
- Monitor clinical and other established performance indicators to ensure ongoing quality Improvement.
- Evaluate the quality and appropriateness of care and assess the impact of nursing intervention as appropriate.
- Undertake clinical / nursing audit whenever required.
- Conduct regular audit of patient care record to ensure appropriateness, completeness and execution of orders.
- Assist nursing leaders in developing policies and procedures for the department.
Work Environment Management
- Enhance the working environment through teamwork and mutual respect for others.
- Resolve conflicts and patient care problems / issues and take appropriate decisions accordingly.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment.
- Ensure proper inventory management of their allocated units
- Manage all medical equipment in their respective area and inform clinical engineering team in case of any issues.
Training and Development
- Identify training requirements for the team.
- Deliver training programs whenever required on topics as assigned by the NS.
- Ensure staff education as per the defined training policy and unit requirement.
- Upgrade knowledge as per current clinical evidences and guidelines.
- Participate and contribute in scheduled in service training programs like ACLS, BLS, PALS, NALS (If applicable), CNEs, conferences etc.,
Functional Area Responsibility
- Maintain the sterile zones.
- Ability to do the gowning procedure and scrubbing.
- Demonstrate knowledge on consent protocol.
- Ability to position patents in lateral, prone, supine, lithotomy, Trendelenburg.
- Knowledge about the disposal of infected linen, care and handling infected linen and general waste segregation and disposal in OT.
- Knowledge about the different types of sterilisation methods followed in NH and the type of sterile tape and the things to be checked before opening a sterile pack.
- Take the appropriate barcode for biopsy.
- Knowledge on methods of cleaning of OT equipment.
- Awareness of radiation safety.
- Knowledge of the system of receiving the implant from the store.
- Familiarity in operating surgical equipment.
- Assist and perform surgical asepsis.
UG:B.Sc in Nursing
Narayana Health is headquartered in Bengaluru, India, and operates a network of hospitals across the country, with a particularly strong presence in the southern state of Karnataka and eastern India, as well as an emerging presence in northern, western and central India. Our first facility was established in Bengaluru with approximately 225 operational beds and we have since grown to 21 Hospitals + 1 Cayman Islands and 6 heart centres, 19 primary care facilities across India and an international hospital in the Cayman Islands. The group now features over 5,859 operational beds through a combination of greenfield projects and acquisitions. We believe that the "Narayana Health" brand is strongly associated with our mission to deliver high-quality, affordable healthcare services to the broader population by leveraging our economies of scale, skilled doctors, and an efficient business model.
In aggregate, our centres provide advanced levels of care in over 30 specialties, including Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Cancer Care, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, Nephrology and Urology, and Gastroenterology.