Roles and Responsibilities
You would be a great fit if you
- Enjoy participating in Kaggle contests
- Have a flair for algorithms and coding in general
- Have the ability to convert white papers into working models
- Are fearless in technology, math and statistics
- Are excited exploring and trying out new cutting-edge stuff
Medha Analytics works to simplify healthcare by unleashing the potential of data. With a powerful tech-stack, interesting ideas and inspired co-workers, no dream is too big at Medha Analytics.
Principal Data Scientist
Our colleague in this role will lead and directly manage key parts of the Medha Analytics AI vision, development, and execution. This role is vital in the broader vision of running highly automated, intelligent and efficient healthcare systems. In addition, the role will also be responsible to evangelize the technical platform and data assets across the company to achieve buy-in to the platform and understand if the intended impact is delivered. This product role is part of the Advanced Analytics & AI division at Narayana Health.
This role requires close collaboration with data engineering, functional teams, and the technical teams of various underlying applications.
The right candidate will be able to articulate a platform & product vision and be capable of blending the needs from different technical, business and clinical groups into a well-formed technical product & platform road map. Furthermore, this person will have a diverse background and a demonstrable track record of successfully building and managing scaled, high-quality, innovative data science projects or products for internal or external customers. The right candidate must be a self-motivated team player who can contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization.
- Define and lead the overall AI vision, scope, requirements, usability of end user facing products built on the Medha Analytics Platform.
- In partnership with the data engineering team, functional team, and business & clinical stakeholders, prioritize and lead AI development.
- Define, communicate, and analyse success metrics for the products and the product vertical.
- Proposes multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and makes objective recommendations as to which direction should be taken.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs and provide dependency coordination.
- Perform with a wide degree of latitude on creative solutions.
- Continually assess and integrate internal & external customer feedback and business metrics.
- Stay on top of market trends to determine new or enhanced product capabilities that positively impact the business objectives.
- 6 years’ experience in a Data Science role
- Hands-on experience in Data Science, AI/ML
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
Narayana Health is headquartered in Bengaluru, India, and operates a network of hospitals across the country, with a particularly strong presence in the southern state of Karnataka and eastern India, as well as an emerging presence in northern, western and central India. Our first facility was established in Bengaluru with approximately 225 operational beds and we have since grown to 21 Hospitals + 1 Cayman Islands and 6 heart centres, 19 primary care facilities across India and an international hospital in the Cayman Islands. The group now features over 5,859 operational beds through a combination of greenfield projects and acquisitions. We believe that the "Narayana Health" brand is strongly associated with our mission to deliver high-quality, affordable healthcare services to the broader population by leveraging our economies of scale, skilled doctors, and an efficient business model.
In aggregate, our centres provide advanced levels of care in over 30 specialties, including Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, Cancer Care, Neurology and Neurosurgery, Orthopaedics, Nephrology and Urology, and Gastroenterology.